Whether you tired of your dead-end job or just needing a new lease on life, we have the perfect solution: a job at Lucky Orange!
We aren’t hiring at the moment but will likely be hiring in the near future.
Do you need another reason to apply to work at Lucky Orange? Well, here’s our top 20 reasons why working at Lucky Orange is awesome.
- We play as hard as we work. Taking an hour-long break for fun and games, especially at the end of the workday isn’t rare.
- Our business is growing. Our business has grown every quarter since our founding five years ago, and that’s a trend we expect to continue. We were also named one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of 2018.
- We’re moving into a shiny new office space. We’ve outgrown our current dig,s and we’re moving to a bigger and freshly renovated office space this spring to accommodate our growth and new team members. It’s got plenty of space to work, play and hang out.
- Lucky Orange’s performance incentive is very generous and attainable. The more hard work you put into helping the company to thrive, the more you’ll be rewarded.
- Did we mention our 401(k) with employer match? According to a study by The Pew Charitable Trust, full-time workers at businesses with fewer than 100 employees are less likely than those at businesses with more than 250 employees to have access to an employer-sponsored retirement plan. We think that’s a shame and offer all employees a generous 401(k) plan with employer matching.
- We also pay 100 percent of medical insurance for employees. The average family health insurance premiums have jumped 55 percent since 2008, and we get that a steady increase in premiums hits our workers right where it hurts the most – their wallets. We offer full coverage of an employee’s health insurance, meaning we take care of the premiums for you.
- There’s no dress code. Sure, you could wear your three-piece suit to work if that’s what floats your boat, but at Lucky Orange you can wear what you like.
- Stop being confined by tracking PTO and sick days. Enjoy Lucky Orange’s unlimited vacation days. There are no hoops to jump through; we want you to disconnect.
- Speaking of time off, Lucky Orange provides company-sponsored vacations. In celebration of your fourth work anniversary, Lucky Orange will pay for you and a plus one to go on vacation anywhere in the U.S. You could take your girlfriend to Las Vegas or soak up the sun in Miami with your husband. Regardless of where you go, you get to go enjoy a free vacation and let Lucky Orange pick up the tab.
- No micromanaging. You’ve got our trust from day one. We expect our employees to be accountable to their work without managers having to constantly check in.
- Our table is big enough for everyone to have a seat. We value the opinions of all of our team members and want everyone to feel empowered to have a say in the direction of the company. That’s why we have weekly huddles with the entire company where anyone in any role is welcome to weigh in on the topic at hand.
- Did we mention the Nintendo Switch? Some of us rock it at Mario Kart. Others in the office prefer Super Smash Bros. What will you dominate?
- Nerf guns are just a way of life. ‘Nuf said.
- Work outings are more than a suggestion. Past outings include a break-out room, afternoon at the arcade, trip to the casino and midday movies.
- Our office is at a great location in Overland Park. It’s close to 69 Highway, I-435 and I-35. Whether you live downtown or in the ‘burbs, the commute will be no big deal.
- There’s a Hy-Vee grocery store and gas station just a parking lot away. Buy fresh food for lunch or bring home groceries for dinner.
- Speaking of food, we have an oven in our break room. Most companies fail to see the value of ovens in the workplace, but we sure do. Freshly baked cookies or a sizzling hot pizza anyone?
- Lucky Orange treats its team to lunch on a regular basis with no strings attached. (Hint: we like to eat)
- We’re a family friendly workplace. If you’ve ever stressed out about the working parent shuffle, no worries here. We get that life happens and sometimes that means you need a little extra flexibility in your schedule. Don’t be surprised if you see an “intern” or two show up in the office on a snow day.
- Finally, the best reason: you get to be part of an awesome team. Our team thrives together with each of us playing a critical role. There’s no finger-pointing when things go wrong nor is there a boasting match when things go right.
This post was originally posted in January 2017 and updated in March 2019.